- Unsolicited applications are not accepted.
- A separate application must be submitted for each position.
- Each application or resume must include the position title for which the application/resume' is being submitted.
- Applications or resumes without a position title identified will be considered "miscellaneous" and filed as such.
Police Officer Applicants
Police Officer applicants must apply online.
Applicants will be scheduled for an in-person interview at the Apopka Police Department located at 112 East 6th Street, Apopka, FL 32703.
Social Security Information
Your social security number is requested for the purpose of payroll eligibility verification, processing employment benefits, applicant and employee background checks, and income reporting and will be used solely for those purposes.
Florida Public Records Law
Pursuant to Florida Public Records Law, applications/resumes are subject to public review. Any application requesting confidentiality will be returned to the applicant.
- Applicants chosen for interview will be contacted via phone.
- Applicants not selected for interview do not receive notice.
- Applicants selected for interview, and not chosen to fill the position, will be notified by mail after a selection has been made.
Post-Offer Screening Process
A candidate selected for a position will be notified by phone of the offer, which is contingent upon successful completion of our post-offer screening process. At that time, an appointment for a fingerprint scan background check will be made. When the background check has been completed, an appointment for the post-offer employment physical, which includes drug screening, will be scheduled.
Upon clearance of the background check, physical, and drug screen, the candidate will be scheduled for a start date.
The City of Apopka participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. For more information about E-Verify, visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify website.
Competitive pay and benefits