The City of Apopka's Parks and Recreation Department is gearing up for some summer camp fun in 2022 at Camp Wewa. Camp Wewa is a co-ed summer camp, offering both day and overnight programs on our serene 70-acre property.
Online Registration is now open for Overnight Camp. Please Note: Day Camp 2022 is now full.
For questions, please email Camp Wewa.
Camp Wewa Activities
We offer a wide range of activities including:
- Arts and Crafts
- Challenge Course
- Special Events
- Target Sports
- Water Activities
2022 Day Camp and Overnight Camp Information
2022 Day Camp at Camp Wewa is Now Full
Dates for Camp Wewa Day Camp
- May 31, 2022 through July 29, 2022
- Monday through Friday
- 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
- Parent Drop Off/Pick Up at Camp Wewa
Please Note: No camp on July 4, 2022 in observance of Independence Day.
Ages for Camp Wewa Day Camp
For children and teens ages 6 to 14
- City of Apopka Residents: $150 per week
- Non-City Residents: $225 per week
- Please Note: Fees are pro-rated for Memorial Day and Independence Day
- Lunch and snacks are provided
- Campers should wear sneakers, comfortable clothing, and sunscreen
- Campers should bring a refillable water bottle and swimsuit
Day Camp Registration is Now Full for Summer 2022
|Session Week||Session Start Date||Session Pay By Date|
|Week 1 - Full||May 31, 2022||May 24, 2022|
|Week 2 - Full||June 6, 2022||May 30, 2022|
|Week 3 - Full||June 13, 2022||June 6, 2022|
|Week 4 - Full||June 20, 2022||June 13, 2022|
|Week 5 - Full||June 27, 2022||June 20, 2022|
|Week 6 - Full||July 5, 2022||June 28, 2022|
|Week 7 - Full||July 11, 2022||July 5, 2022|
|Week 8 - Full||July 18, 2022||July 11, 2022|
|Week 9 - Full||July 25, 2022||July 18, 2022|
Cancellations & Refunds
Parents/Guardians who submit a written notice of cancellation at least 7 days prior to the start date of the day camp session they are withdrawing from will be refunded all fees paid.
Cancellations made less than seven days are subject to a $25 cancellation fee.
Parents/Guardians may request a transfer of a fully paid session of day camp to a different day camp session.
2022 Summer Day Camp Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM to 9 AM: Drop Off at the Circle
- 9 AM: Flagpole & Announcements
- 9:15 AM to 10:15 AM: Morning Period 1
- 10:30 to 11:30 AM: Morning Period 2
- 11:45 AM: Lunch
- 1 PM to 2 PM: Afternoon Period 1
- 2:15 PM to 3:15 PM: Afternoon Period 2
- 3:30 PM to 4 PM: Snack & Cleanup
- 4 PM to 5:30 PM: Pickup at the Circle
For more information on our camp program, please call the Camp Office at 407-703-1808.
2022 Overnight Camp at Camp Wewa
Dates for Camp Wewa Overnight Camp
- July 3 through July 29, 2022
- One, Two, Three, and Four Week Sessions Available
Ages for Camp Wewa Overnight Camp
For tweens and teens ages 9 to 14.
- City of Apopka Residents:
- $745 (1 Week Session)
- $1,445 (2 Week Sessions)
- $2,095 (3 Week Sessions)
- $2,645 (4 Week Sessions)
- Non-City Residents:
- $825 (1 Week Session)
- $1,595 (2 Week Sessions)
- $2,345 (3 Week Sessions)
- $2,995 (4 Week Sessions)
- Drop off and pick up at Camp Wewa
- Overnight Camp weeks are Sunday through Friday
Overnight Camp Registration fees are due in full fourteen days prior to the start of each session. Space is limited. Registration is not guaranteed after the deadline. Please observe the pay by dates for Overnight Camp 2022.
A $50 non-refundable camp registration fee is required for each week of camp at the time of signup. The camp registration fee goes towards the total price for each camp week, 2, 3, and 4 week sessions are charged only one registration fee.
|Session Week||Session Start Date||Session Pay by Date|
|Week 1||July 3, 2022||June 19, 2022|
|Week 2||July 10, 2022||June 26, 2022|
|Week 3||July 17, 2022||July 3, 2022|
|Week 4||July 24, 2022||July 10, 2022|
|2 Week Sessions||Session Start Date||Session Pay by Date|
|Session A||July 3, 2022||June 19, 2022|
|Session B||July 17, 2022||July 3, 2022|
Parents/Guardians who submit a written notice of cancellation at least 14 days prior to the start date of the overnight camp session they are withdrawing from will be refunded all fees paid.
Cancellations made less than fourteen days are subject to a $50 cancellation fee.
Parents/Guardians may request a transfer of a fully paid session of overnight camp to a different overnight camp session.
Registration Information for Camp Wewa Summer Camps
Online registration is only available for Overnight Camp 2022 (Day Camp 2022 is now full)
- Day Camp registration is now full!
- Overnight Camp registration will close 2 weeks prior to the start of the session, or until filled.
- All Overnight Camp fees are paid in full at least 2 weeks prior to the session start date.
When a camp session reaches capacity, an active waiting list is created. Waitlists are developed on a first come, first served basis. When space becomes available for a waitlisted camper, fees are due according to the posted schedule.
Please Note: Waitlists are now full for Day Camp 2022.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our campers, families, and staff. We continue to monitor guidance from government health agencies. We recognize that recommendations and guidelines will evolve. we will adapt our policies and procedures as needed.
For additional information, please email Camp Wewa or call 407-703-1808.
Camp Wewa is located at 221 S. Binion Road in Apopka, FL 32703.