The City of Apopka is applying for a Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) grant. This program is being administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) thru the Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program. A total of $475,000,000 has been allotted to the CDBG-MIT General Infrastructure Program (GIT).
- Restoration of critical infrastructure (such as water and sewer facilities, streets, removal of debris, drainage, bridges, etc.).
- Re-nourishment of protective coastal dune systems and state beaches.
- Building or fortifying buildings that are essential to the health, safety and welfare of a community (this can include police stations, fire stations, parks and recreational centers, community and senior centers, hospitals, clinics, schools and educational facilities and other public properties).
- Rehabilitation or construction of stormwater management systems.
- Improvements to drainage facilities.
- Reconstruction of lift stations and sewage treatment plants.
- Road repair and improvement and bridge strengthening.
The City of Apopka anticipates applying for a total of $10,898,000 in funding through the CDBG-MIT Critical Facility Hardening Program.
Activities that are typically eligible for funding under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program as well as specific additional activities as outlined in the State of Florida CDBG-MIT Action Plan for the program are eligible projects if no other funding is available to meet the need. Applications are due in DEO no later than September 17, 2021.
The City of Apopka anticipates submitting applications for the following facilities:
|Structure Name||Project Address||Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding|
|Project Administration||Not Applicable ||$138,000.00|
|Pipeline Rehabilitation and Replacement Program||Potable Water System||$2,500,000.00|
|Replacement of Sanitary Sewer Lift Station||S. Forest Avenue||$3,000,000.00|
|Border Lake, Lake Page, and Lake Pleasant Flood Mitigation||Border Lake, Lake Page, Lake Pleasant||$5,000,000.00|
Any resident wishing to know more about the proposed project should contact Shakenya Harris-Jackson, Grant Administrator at (407) 703-1819 or at email firstname.lastname@example.org. Information relating to the proposed project and application can be accessed on the City of Apopka website. Comments from the public must be received no later than 5:00 PM on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. All comments will be considered, and proposed changes will be submitted to DEO. Information relating to the proposed project and application is available for review between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM at the City of Apopka, City Hall located at 120 East Main Street, Apopka, FL 32703.
Any non-English speaking person wishing to provide a response to this public notice should contact Johanna Gonzalez, City Receptionist, at 407-703-1700 or email@example.com by September 7, 2021 and a language interpreter will be provided.
Posted: August 30, 2021